February 9, 2012

A Recount

I am thinking of beginnings again. The roads before us are all at once exciting, confusing, and terrifying. I am not entirely sure what to think of everything that lays ahead, and it is difficult for me to look much further than a couple of weeks without falling prey to the monster that is fear. Perhaps, though, before I am able to clearly and properly anticipate, I must take some time to reflect on what has been. Maybe then I will be more able to embrace what is to come. It seems to me that beginnings are usually paired with endings. However, the phase between one end and its subsequent new beginning is too often not sufficiently long enough for one to fully comprehend the meaning of the transition and one is left feeling slightly blurred and overwhelmed. I am currently sitting in one such haze.

No comments: